There’s a terrific opportunity this summer right here in Berkeley from the folks at Landmark College, the nation’s premier college for students with learning differences. (Hopefully they’ll fix the misspelling of “Berkeley” on this page soon.) Many thanks to Annie Shawe, CSH’s personal counselor, for passing this along to me!
From the website:
New this summer on the West Coast! A Five-Day Non-Residential Program for New & Continuing College Students Who Learn Differently.
Do your learning differences cause you to struggle with:
- Focusing on reading/retaining what you’ve read
- Organizing your thoughts and putting them into a clearly written paper
- Recalling information for a test that you spent hours studying for
- Managing your time and materials
- Starting or finishing a task
If this sounds like you, don’t miss Landmark College’s new five-day workshop: Summer Intensive for Success in College for New & Continuing College Students Who Learn Differently, August 6-10, 2012 – University of California Berkeley.
Offered for the first time in on the West Coast, this non-residential workshop will help you feel better prepared and more confident as you begin or return to college this fall..
Landmark College is the college of choice for students with learning disabilities, ADHD and ASD.
In this college-prep workshop, our experienced faculty will help you discover:
- What science shows us about what we can do to improve our attention, memory and motivation
- Specific strategies and technologies that can support your skills in note-taking, reading, writing, memory and organization as a successful college student