Please note: Convent of the Sacred Heart High School and Schools of the Sacred Heart San Francisco do not endorse any candidates for office or any political parties. — PMK
Please contact the Executive Director for the San Francisco Democratic Party, Ally Hergenraeder, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to apply. We will be happy to deliver promotional materials or speak at a fair/assembly in the coming days. Our office is located at 2284 Market Street and is open from 9am – 9pm. We hope to work with you!
Intern admission requirements:
- Excellent communications skills as demonstrated in an email asking to join the program and a follow-up phone interview or resume submission
- A basic knowledge of electoral politics and government roles/public policy
- Signed permission form
- Patience and dedication for progressive or liberal causes
- Be up-to-date on local and national political news
- Volunteer at least four 5-hour shifts in our local office before November 1. We recognize high school students are busy, but we also will favor applicants who can commit to more than this minimum
- Between November 1 and November 6 volunteer at least 8 hours at the local office. (Exceptions can be made with prior discussion or if the intern wants to go out of town)
- Follow instructions closely, ask questions, and always enjoy yourself!
- Interns will be responsible for registering people to vote, making phone calls to swing states, and helping out in the office. Hitting the streets and talking to strangers a must!
We will provide:
- Provide signatures etc. necessary community-service or other credit
- Train interns in all aspects of modern political campaigns
- Sit with interns one-on-one to share political stories, careers, strategy etc. This may include chats with elected officials and Obama for America staff
- Supervise interns – minors ‘out in the field’ will always have an experienced campaign volunteer with them
- Provide access to fundraisers, campaign rallies, out-of-state mobilizations, parties, debates, and other forms of campaign activity. These will arise from time-to-time and we will make a priority of getting our interns access (based on intern performance)
- Upon successful completion of the program interns will receive a diploma, a letter of recommendation on Party letterhead (should they ask for one), and an office credential
- Pizza, candy, Ping-Pong and other things to keep our volunteers happy!